For a child to reach their full educational potential, a high level of school attendance is essential. We will consistently work towards a goal of 100% attendance for all children.
In the case of illness or absence these procedures should be followed:
- Contact the school by telephone on the first morning of the absence, so we are aware of the problem.
- If your child is ill, it is helpful if you can give us some idea of how long the absence will last.
- Continue to ring in every day so we know where your child is for their whole absence.
- If by day 3 of an absence contact has not been made with school we will do a welfare check on your child as we will be concerned about their whereabouts. This is a safeguarding regulation regarding missing children. Please be aware that we may ask the police or Social Services to carry out the check on our behalf.
- If absence is due to illness over 10 days or has a regular pattern, we will seek written permission from parents to contact the GP for confirmation that a pupil is too ill to attend. Failure to grant permission may result in subsequent absences being recorded as unauthorised.
Our Attendance Policy can be found by clicking the link below.